WikiMatrix
  • Forum
  •  » DokuWiki
  •  » File vs database storage - vulnerable? transportable?

#1 2009-02-13 15:13:14

scooternh

File vs database storage - vulnerable? transportable?

Hi,

So far I'm liking the way Dokuwiki looks, but wondering about the file-vs-database storage.

Vulnerability?
I'm thinking it might be easier for a black hat to write a page that has executable code and thus sneak a script onto the server ....  is this a possibility or have I just been drinking too much coffee again roll

Transportability?
So, I create my Dokuwiki knowledge base on my wamp setup and now want to put it up on my production server ....   
I'm guessing that dokuwiki has some sort of temp directories with some index scheme.
Is there a mechanism for that kind of exporting?

If I'm developing on windows, and my production server is linux or whatever, do I get into having to translate the windows paths to unix style?

I guess this export question would apply anytime I needed to change my server / host ....

Thanks
-tom

#2 2009-02-13 18:22:05

andi
Administrator
Website

Re: File vs database storage - vulnerable? transportable?

scooternh wrote:

I'm thinking it might be easier for a black hat to write a page that has executable code and thus sneak a script onto the server ....  is this a possibility or have I just been drinking too much coffee again roll

Too much coffee ;-)

scooternh wrote:

So, I create my Dokuwiki knowledge base on my wamp setup and now want to put it up on my production server ....   
I'm guessing that dokuwiki has some sort of temp directories with some index scheme.
Is there a mechanism for that kind of exporting?

No need. Just copy the files over. DokuWiki will automatically build the search and meta indexes.

scooternh wrote:

If I'm developing on windows, and my production server is linux or whatever, do I get into having to translate the windows paths to unix style?

DokuWiki is completely OS agnostic. Your pages created on a Windows system will work just fine on a Linux host and vice-versa.

Careful: I'm the lead developer of WikiMatrix and DokuWiki so my posts may be biased ;-)

#3 2009-02-13 19:18:51

scooternh

Re: File vs database storage - vulnerable? transportable?

Hi Andi,

Thanks for the answers, I will give it a try  smile

-tom

• Forum
  •  » DokuWiki
  •  » File vs database storage - vulnerable? transportable?

You are not logged in.

Board footer