WikiMatrix

#1 2010-01-24 14:23:51

niederfuchs

Dokuwiki: ACL & RSS

Dokuwiki is great!
I am using it with great pleasure and am very happy with it - however I have faced one minor issue that to me is a design flaw - and I do sincerely hope that the designers read my post and that this issue will be tackled in a future version.

If you run dokuwiki as a closed wiki - or have certain namespaces closed for public through your ACL - these closed pages are blocked from any RSS functionality. So as soon as I have a closed circle of friends working on a page - they will not be informed about any recent changes - whilst they are logged off - dokuwiki.

Probably this can be circumvented by ticking the "remember me" function - but most of us use the function of deleting cookies - once the browser is closed (with good reason...!)

So my suggestion would be - to introduce a new ACL category between NONE and READ called FEED or something like that - which allows everyone to receive RSS updates - but only the ones that belong to the closed group can actually access the page that the FEED points to...

I would be very happy to receive comments the developers...

Is it possible - is it being planned?

Last edited by niederfuchs (2010-01-24 14:24:46)

#2 2010-01-25 09:41:54

adrianlang
Administrator
Website

Re: Dokuwiki: ACL & RSS

Adrian Lang / Wiki development & support
__  CosmoCode GmbH - http://www.cosmocode.de
__  Prenzlauer Allee 36, 10405 Berlin, Germany
__  Tel +49-30-814504096, Fax +49-30-28097093

#3 2010-01-26 15:28:31

niederfuchs

Re: Dokuwiki: ACL & RSS

Thanks for this LINK -
I managed, to get it done however only via the insecure method. The other method didn't work at all. I am a bit unhappy with the insecure method - as I'm opening an attack vector by sending my username and password in cleartext each time my rss reader is started. In order to feel a little better i created a user only with read permissions on all namespaces. I am using this Username and Password for the rss reader only. A way of having RSS requests secured - should be on your list - I think.

You are not logged in.

Board footer