WikiMatrix

#1 2011-01-20 15:23:49

cinbenseo

Wiki Leaks type

I am looking to do a site that would have very similar features (pretty much identical) to WikiLeaks.  Not for the same purpose, of course, I'm not looking for a government beat-down smile  But I want one that allows users to submit 'leaks' into the system.

An example might be:

A new cellphone is going to be released and here are the documents and details (maybe pictures, maybe text documents or other).  I would then moderate/vett that information and approve for posting.

Any ideas?  I have looked at so many Wikis and am now more confused than ever sad

#2 2011-01-26 10:24:58

andi
Administrator
Website

Re: Wiki Leaks type

Well, despite it's name, WikiLeaks doesn't have much to do with wiki technology.

They used to use a MediaWiki to post the (reviewed) leaked material but it has been taken down in response to the DDOS attack in the recent CableGate affair.

Their submission process was as far as I know some custom created solution independent from the Wiki and was based on the TOR onion router technology.

Judging from your question you seem not to have the needed knowledge to setup an infrastructure that would secure the needed anonymity of your sources (and yourself) so I highly recommend to stay away from such a project ;-)

Careful: I'm the lead developer of WikiMatrix and DokuWiki so my posts may be biased ;-)

#3 2011-01-26 13:09:59

cinbenseo

Re: Wiki Leaks type

I can understand that wink  I would not be creating the application myself, though.  I would be farming it out based upon a framework.  I had thought that they used MediaWiki, but there are so many I was not sure and knew it had changed since the start.

If there is no framework on which it was built, then I will create a design document for someone to use to create a similar site [from scratch].

Last edited by cinbenseo (2011-01-26 13:11:07)

You are not logged in.

Board footer