WikiMatrix

#1 2007-08-11 15:40:10

nadglobtrotter

This wiki is huge!

Hello,

Just for information. I have been trying out several wikis in order to find my "perfect match" for what I want to do (integrate wiki parts into my already existing website), and as I am downloading the DekiWiki, which looks very complete, I realize that it is actually HUGE : 347Mo!
In comparison, phpwiki is 4,3Mo and Wikini... 122ko ! yikes
Of course we are not talking about the same products, but I wanted to specify this here, because it can be another useful information for comparing different wikis.

#2 2007-08-16 23:05:00

cjtannu
Website

Re: This wiki is huge!

nadglobtrotter wrote:

Hello,

Just for information. I have been trying out several wikis in order to find my "perfect match" for what I want to do (integrate wiki parts into my already existing website), and as I am downloading the DekiWiki, which looks very complete, I realize that it is actually HUGE : 347Mo!
In comparison, phpwiki is 4,3Mo and Wikini... 122ko ! yikes
Of course we are not talking about the same products, but I wanted to specify this here, because it can be another useful information for comparing different wikis.

Nadglobtrotter,

The file you are referencing is actually the completely compiled wiki which is delivered as a VMWare Certified software appliance that allows you install in under 5 minutes.  We also include the source code in that package.  Do just download source go to: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile … _id=173074 and download the Deki Wiki Source.  It is a little over 9 MB.  Both deliveries are open source and you have full root access to them.  Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by cjtannu (2007-08-18 23:48:39)

Corey Ganser
Customer Support Manager
MindTouch

You are not logged in.

Board footer