WikiMatrix
  • Forum
  •  » Features
  •  » Newbie - Hello, And a Suggestion For The Choice Wizard

#1 2007-12-17 23:38:12

undfolge1432

Newbie - Hello, And a Suggestion For The Choice Wizard

Hi,

I found this site from Mediawiki.org, and it is a terrific resource.

I started with the compare and then found the choice wizard - good stuff! Either one will help me immensely to choose a Wiki engine.

My suggestion is to consider adding "Operating System" to the choice wizard to include (or exclude) the OS that can be used with the Wiki. I am a contractor on a government site, and they specify Windows, or with pleading, UNIX. No Linux. Not because they dislike it, they just don't want everything inhouse.

I can certainly weed out the "undesireables" as it is, but I'm thinking this might be a make-or-break for others as well. I was headed down the TWiki path until I found out it won't fly where I am. That is what led me here.

OBTW, I'm a dinosaur - a mainframe systems programmer trying to learn a few new tricks.

Thanks,

Rick

#2 2007-12-18 09:51:25

andi
Administrator
Website

Re: Newbie - Hello, And a Suggestion For The Choice Wizard

You can always add more criteria to your choice wizard results by using the "Customize your choices in the Search" link at the end. Just answer the normal wizard questions, then go to the search and add your operating system limits to the search.

Careful: I'm the lead developer of WikiMatrix and DokuWiki so my posts may be biased ;-)

#3 2007-12-18 22:32:46

undfolge1432

Re: Newbie - Hello, And a Suggestion For The Choice Wizard

Okay, thanks - I'll give that a try.

Rick

• Forum
  •  » Features
  •  » Newbie - Hello, And a Suggestion For The Choice Wizard

You are not logged in.

Board footer